IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Please select one title per workshop.
Calculus AB and BC
AP® Edition ©2014
Briggs, Cochran, Gillett
Request the eText and you will receive access to MyMathLab for School® with Pearson eText.
Renowned authors William Briggs and Lyle Cochran have built from the ground up a new AP calculus program that draws on their decades of teaching experience and carries the teacher's voice beyond the classroom. That voice is evident in the lively narrative, the intuitive figures, and the integrated questions that check for comprehension. The result is a master AP teacher leading AP students to deeper levels of understanding. The authors appeal to readers' geometric intuition to introduce fundamental concepts and lay the foundation for success on the AB and BC Calculus Exams.
- AP® Aligned: AP-specific chapter content clearly correlates to the AP Curriculum Framework and prepares students for the AB or BC Exam.
- Geometric Intuition: The authors appeal to students' intuition and geometric instincts to make calculus natural and believable. They introduce new ideas through concrete examples, figures, applications, or analogies.
- Groundbreaking Technology & Interactive Figures: Interactive figures within the eBook enable teachers and students to manipulate figures and bring hard-to-convey concepts to life.
- A Balanced Approach: The authors purposely teach from examples that provide in-depth explanations and build students' conceptual understanding and computational fluency.
MyMathLab for School is a series of online courses that align to Pearson's textbooks in mathematics and statistics. This powerful online program offers students personalized instruction and practice and gives teachers all the tools they need to deliver all or a portion of their course online. MyMathLab is available anywhere there is Internet access.
- An Interactive eText includes embedded links to videos and exercises as well as tools for highlighting and note-taking
- Online and auto-graded homework, assessments, and personalized study plans
- A comprehensive multimedia library with instructional videos, animations, and PowerPoint slides
- Rich and flexible course management resources to support teachers
- Interactive learning aids that support diverse learners and provide immediate feedback
Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic
4th Edition ©2012
Finney, Demana, Waits, Kennedy
- Annotated Teacher's Edition with answers on the page.
- AP examination preparation questions included at the end of each Review Exercise set.
- What You'll Learn About and Why prepares students for what they will learn in the upcoming section.
- Quick Quizzes contain 3 multiple-choice questions and 1 free-response question similar to AP type questions.
- Additional guidance on the use of graphing calculators
- Standardized test questions now included in each exercise set.
- Robust supplements package for both teachers and students, including assessment resources, pacing and assignment guides, correlations to AB & BC Calculus curriculum, and much more.
- AP® Test Prep for Calculus
- Text specific correlations between key AP test topics and Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic 4th Edition, AP® Edition.
- Four complete sample AB & BC exams including answers and explanations.
- Test taking strategies.
Thomas' Calculus Early Transcendentals
13th Edition ©2014
Thomas et al.
For a rigorous Calculus course with engineering applications
- Strong multivariable coverage.
- Strong Examples and Exercise Sets encourage students to think clearly about the problems and reinforcing their mathematical intuition.
- Figures are conceived and rendered to provide insight for students and support conceptual reasoning.
- The flexible table of contents divides complex topics into manageable sections.
- Complete and precise multivariable coverage enhances the connections of multivariable ideas with their single-variable analogues studied earlier in the book.
AP® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this site.