Stats: Modeling the World
Bock, Velleman, De Veaux
- The most cited text in The College Board's AP statistics sample syllabi.
- Award-winning author team.
- Applauded for its readability—your students will read this book!
- Leads with practical data analysis and graphics, encouraging students to "do statistics" and "think statistically" from the start.
- New! Embedded AP practice exam items at the end of each part New! Added simulation feature to the end of each chapter
- New! Updated data sets and applications to further motivate and engage students
- TI-nSpire content integrated throughout the text, including margin pointers that describe the new calculator activities.
- Fully updated AP teacher and student supplements including AP Statistics Test Prep Workbook, Teacher's Edition, Teacher Solutions Manual, Printed Test Bank and Teacher Resource Manual, TestGen, and Graphing Calculator Manual
- Companion Web site: aw.com/bock.
Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data
- Features like In Words, Caution, and Did You Know, motivate students to think about the content, ask interesting questions, and develop problem solving skills.
- Each example includes a concept label to identify the topic, which helps students when reviewing material and helps teachers when preparing for class.
- Learning objectives listed in the Instructor's Edition add to the wealth of teacher-to-teacher advice from the authors.
- Chapter 7 – Sampling Distribution – has been rewritten extensively to focus on emphasizing simulation to develop the concepts of sampling distribution rather than the more traditional math approach.
- Teaches students to ask and answer interesting questions by way of examples, exercises, simulations, and hands-on activities.
- Connects statistics to the real world.
- More than 100 exercises per chapter.
When submitting your request for AP Statistics, Pearson will provide 1 textbook of Agresti, Statistics: The Art and Science of Learning from Data 4e per attendee along with samples of our Bock, Stats 4e for you to use and support your workshop.
MyMathLab for School is a series of online courses that align to Pearson's textbooks in mathematics and statistics. This powerful online program offers students personalized instruction and practice and gives teachers all the tools they need to deliver all or a portion of their course online. MyMathLab is available anywhere there is Internet access.
- An Interactive eText includes embedded links to videos and exercises as well as tools for highlighting and note-taking
- Online and auto-graded homework, assessments, and personalized study plans
- A comprehensive multimedia library with instructional videos, animations, and PowerPoint slides
- Rich and flexible course management resources to support teachers
- Interactive learning aids that support diverse learners and provide immediate feedback
For more details on these solutions and our online technology resources, visit www.PearsonSchool.com/Advanced.
AP® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this site.