United States History
NEW! By the People: A History of the United States
1st Edition, AP® Edition © 2014
Request the eText and you will receive access to MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText.
Inspiring student success—the new #1 choice for AP U.S. history
By the People addresses one of the biggest challenges of any AP United States history course: tying together the key themes and Big Ideas. This new program helps students make the connections critical for developing a higher-level understanding of the American story, all through a compelling, single-author narrative, focused pedagogy, and AP-focused test preparation.
Built for success By the People fully supports the College Board's new Curriculum Framework for the 2014–2015 school year through its organization, focus on key concepts, and emphasis on key critical analysis skills.
Supplements that support From the Reading and Note-Taking Study Guide to the Test Prep Workbook for AP® U.S. History, By the People provides students of all ability levels with support for reading, understanding, and active learning as well as writing skills and preparation for the AP Exam.
- Written with a single author voice, By the People seeks to spark students' interest in historical inquiry through an integrated social and political history narrative.
- Gives attention to periodization, organizing the past to foster historical understanding of how history actually unfolds and the ways in which people living through an era experience it. The text is organized into nine parts that correlate to the periodization of the new AP® U.S. History Curriculum Framework.
- Uses a narrative approach that covers the essential core content of U.S. history, integrating stories that allow students to learn some aspects more deeply and ponder material more critically.
- Tells the story of U.S. history by examining the relationship of the U.S. to the rest of the world, noting not only the impact of the American experience on other nationsand cultures, but also the impact of those cultures on the U.S. Highlights the diversity of the American people as an essential element in the nation's history.
- Incorporates extensive AP content and pedagogy:
- A correlation to the AP® U.S. History Curriculum Framework Key Concepts and Themes opens each part of the text.
- Full Test Prep exam for AP at the end of each part includes multiple-choice questions, a document-based question, and a free response question.
- A chapter-based pedagogical structure designed to improve historical thinking skills and foster student engagement and success on the AP Exam.
Exceptional Media Resource
MyHistoryLab™ with Pearson eText is a state-of-the-art, comprehensive Web resource that is organized according to the contents of our textbook and brings history to life through preloaded sample tests and receive personalized study plans.
MyHistoryLab™ offers numerous study aids, chapter review material, several hundred primary sources, video clips, maps, map activities with quizzes, and test prep practice for the AP Exam. All student work can be tracked in the teacher's online gradebook. For additional information visit, MyHistoryLab.com.
NEW! Pearson eText app for Apple® iPad® and Android® devices.
Sorry, due to high demand, only the etext version is available.