HIGH SCHOOL WRITING PROMPTS
• October 2014 •
Create an Oral Presentation
For over a century, Major League Baseball's World Series has enthralled America. As the season comes to an end for America's favorite past time, teams from both the American League and National League meet in a best of seven games contest for the championship. This "Fall Classic," as it is often called, takes place each October.
Using the Internet as a reference tool, create an oral presentation of the history of Major League Baseball from its inception to today, focusing on the World Series. Your oral presentation should be approximately three minutes long and have at least one visual device. Some of the topics that should be included in your presentation, but are not limited to, are the following:
- The creation of baseball—including who created it and where
- The rules of the World Series and when they were established
- The Negro Leagues and the integration of Major League Baseball
- Some of the greatest/most exciting games in the World Series
- The teams who have been to the World Series the most
- The most viewed World Series in history
Use the Baseball Almanac to help you access this information.
When you finish creating your oral presentation, share it with your classmates.